08 September 2011

Yes, you may see my papers

Got a present in the mail today: My passport, complete with a 90-day short-term visa stamped onto one of the pages, sent from the Czech consular office in New York.

As frustrating as this process has been, this step has been very satisfying. After it took five weeks to obtain a work permit, and after a delivery company kept my paperwork from Prague on hold from me in Boston for a week, and after I drove to New York one time only to change visa strategies and return four days later, this step took exactly as long as the consular officer told me it would. She said I'd be approved within seven days, and they'd send the visa to me via overnight mail. Sure enough, I got the visa eight days after I applied for it.

This concludes the necessary paperwork to get me to Prague, at least to start the job. Shortly after I arrive, I'll take a train to Berlin and apply for the long-stay visa. Once I apply, I should receive the visa within 60 days, and then the process, which started in late June, will be complete.

Reminders and/or self-serving requests: 
  • If you haven't voted in the new poll, it's located in the upper right of the webpage. It's early, but some people out there are guessing that my school will value my '80s music knowledge more than most institutions.
  • Also, as I wrote in my previous post, I'm asking all y'all what questions you'd like to have me answer, which may or may not include, "Do you really have to write all ya'll?" Please post them in the Comments section below or on Facebook. "Why are you such a git?" is not acceptable, mainly because it's rhetorical.

No comments:

Post a Comment