21 November 2011

Touch of grey

First of all, I know this isn't most Deadheads' favorite song, but it is from the '80s, which means I am contractually obligated to link to it.

Second, the process of turning my apartment and/or flat into a home took a significant turn this weekend. I also found out what everyone in Prague does on a Saturday. The tourists go to Old Town Square, and the locals go to Ikea. Now that I am among the latter, I took it upon myself to buy a couch for the bedroom, which, thanks to the TV, also doubles as the common room.

Before. I wonder if I get to chew this, Baldy asks himself.
After.

For those of you keeping score -- and seriously, why wouldn't you be? -- the bedroom/common room now has a printer, a second-hand table for said printer, a TV, a TV stand (actually an unwanted wooden stand from the hallway), a second-hand bedside table, and a couch with distinctively non-matching furry brown cushions.

The other side of the room, where I would be able not only to watch live sporting events
on TV but also on the laptop, if such a thing didn't violate copyright laws,
which of course it does, so therefore I would never do such a thing.
The room awaits the final piece. See cardboard top on Baldy's kennel? Guess what goes on top of it. Go on, guess. Hint: Not the works of Dostoevsky. Or a plant.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're settling in...will Baldy take over the couch? Rafe has here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's actually pretty good with the couch. He'll join me when I'm on it, but when anyone else is sitting there Baldy's too busy guarding his bone.

    ReplyDelete