17 August 2011

Fun with Czech: Cooking words

Tonight, while compiling some more words for my homemade English-to-Czech-and-vice-versa cheat sheet, I learned ...
  • grilovaný doesn't mean "grilled" (It means "broiled.")
  • na roštu doesn't mean "roasted" (It means "grilled.")
  • and pečený doesn't mean, um, "cooked on top of your pecs" (It means "roasted.")
I'm so hot, brother, I cooked this on my pecs last night.
Meanwhile, the visa process continues. I won't bore you with the details, but a lot of it has involved waiting, and it's about to involve drives to Washington, D.C.; Concord, N.H.; and New York City. Should I wear my Tom Brady jersey on the latter trip?

Poll note: Only one day left to have your say on this year's English Premier League champion. Poll is on the upper right of the blog. Knowledge of soccer not required, which should be good news for my friends who follow Manchester United.

No comments:

Post a Comment