30 June 2011

Not Prague, Part 1: Vienna

One of the best things about staying in Prague for a month was the ability to travel to nearby European cities for a week after I finished my teacher certification course. And the best part about traveling to nearby European cities is that some of them are so steeped in history, the cultural arm of the United Nations lists the entire town center as a world heritage site, which is code for A Very Important Place. One such city is Vienna, the first stop on my post-certification tour.


I didn't stay long -- less than eight hours before I took a night train to Rome -- nor did I see many sites nor learn about them in depth. I strolled around the outside of St. Stephen's Cathedral but didn't, say, count all 230,000 of the tiles on the roof. (Nor did I go inside.) I did walk around the town center and beyond, plus took a nap on the banks of the Danube (I woke up before 6 that morning and didn't sleep on the train). And I took some photos:




For the rest, click here. Others to come later: Rome, Florence, Munich and Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment