20 July 2011

New title, same lack of humor

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has stopped by, intentionally or otherwise, to read this blog, in the past month. I've had readers from 10 countries spanning four continents, so thank you, kamsa hamnida, merci, dankeboche' bru and děkuji.

I have dumped the working title of this blog before the Beatles could sue me and finally settled on what you see above. The title is a doff of a civilian hard hat to Franz Kafka, who was born in Prague, is buried there, and has a bronze statue and a museum in his honor. I'm still trying to figure out my favorite part of the museum, which I have yet to visit: the statues of two men with rotating buttocks urinating, or the fact that the museum is divided into sections called "existential space" and "imaginary topography." More specifically, the blog title, while avoiding obvious "Czech" and "Prague" puns, is a play on words of one of Kafka's short stories.

Franz Kafka statue in the Jewish Quarter.
I've also added a list of the four most-read posts, in case you missed any of them. There's also a link to my Flickr photostream at the bottom of the page. Other than that, it's the same blog. You can still answer poll questions; you can still subscribe by email or join the blog's Facebook group; you can still read my jokes, lean back in your chair and say, "I don't get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment